Last week's Nose painted itself into a bit of a rhetorical corner and somehow found itself arguing that Idris Elba is too old to be James Bond. And while historically that's true, it's not an argument we're proud to have made. Thankfully, this week, the universe has been kind enough to redeem us with the announcement of your new Sexiest Man Alive: Idris Elba. Of course, that's no reason not to make a new bad argument about Elba, like that he's, say, too macho to be the sexiest man alive?
And: The Amazon Prime series Homecoming is a few firsts. It's Julia Roberts's first TV series. It's the first scripted TV drama based on a podcast. And it's Sam Esmail's first new television project since Mr. Robot.
Some other stuff that happened this week, give or take:
- Curving Is The Latest Trend To Make Your Dating Life Totally Miserable
- 69-Year-Old Dutch Man Seeks To Change His Legal Age To 49
- People Are Arguing About Whether This Trump Press Conference Video Is Doctored
- Mario Segale, Inspiration For Nintendo's Hero Plumber, Has Died
- Oscar Mayer Officially Declares Hot Dogs Are Sandwiches, Creates a Hotline for Naysayers
- Men Bleaching Their Hair Is the New Beard
- In Conversation: Adam Driver
- Interior Designers to Christina Aguilera, Elton John & More Share This Year's Top Trends In Christmas Trees
- 25 Years Later: Was 1993 The Greatest Year In Music?
- There's A New Format For Reading Called Flipback Books And Here's What They're Actually Like
- Rich Hollant - Principal and design director at CO:LAB; a commissioner on cultural affairs for the city of Hartford
- Carolyn Paine - Actress, comedian, and dancer; founder, director, and choreographer of CONNetic Dance
- Nicholas Quah - Editor and publisher of Hot Pod
Colin McEnroe contributed to this show.