Residents of Wethersfield say they want to know more about their local police department’s plan to surveil major roadways.
The family of a Connecticut man shot and killed by police in West Haven last month has filed a $10 million wrongful death lawsuit against the state and city police. A state police officer shot Mubarak Soulemane at an I-95 exit ramp in West Haven in January. Police had chased him from Norwalk, after he was said to have stolen a car and was armed with a knife.
Latest News From NPR
- HBO Max Wants To Know, How You Doin'? As It Teases 'Friends' Reunion
- Study Finds Century-old Combat Helmet Superior Shield Against Brain Trauma
- Rep. Ocasio-Cortez Launches Political Group To Boost Progressive Candidates
- Thailand's Constitutional Court Dissolves Major Opposition Party
- Canadian PM Trudeau Says Rail Barricades 'Must Come Down', Doesn't Say How
More From Connecticut Public Radio
Richard Colangelo Jr., recognized most recently as the prosecutor in the Fotis Dulos murder case, is Connecticut’s newest chief state’s attorney. The former Stamford state’s attorney is settling into his role as the state’s top prosecutor and administrative head of the Division of Criminal Justice. He replaced Kevin Kane, who recently retired as the state's longest-serving chief state’s attorney after 13 years in the position.