In remarks after a divided Senate approved his $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief plan, President Biden praised lawmakers for securing the additional round of aid and thanked the American people for making it possible through their "overwhelming bipartisan support." The "American Rescue Plan" has been a priority of the Biden administration, and is poised to deliver a fresh round of financial assistance to individuals, families, schools and businesses hard hit by the coronavirus pandemic....
Hanging behind Gov. Ned Lamont’s desk is the painting “Right to Know.” Norman Rockwell completed it in 1968, years after the artist best known for folksy Saturday Evening Post illustrations had turned to serious themes, including distrust in government.
- More Than 200 Incarcerated People At FCI Danbury Decline Vaccine
- Double Taxation Bill Clears Conn. Legislature
- High Winds Bring Outages, Road Closures In Connecticut
- Conn. Bill Would Require Upfront Disclosure Of Property Energy Costs
- Hartford Public Schools Goes Back To In-Person Learning For Lower Grades
More From Connecticut Public
The Radical Black Art and Performance Series features virtual performances, film screenings, discussions and workshops by LGBTQ artists and scholars of color.
Latest News From NPR
- Pope Francis Visits Iraqi Region Where Cities And Lives Were Shattered By ISIS
- Why Cuttlefish Are Smarter Than We Thought
- Misinformation And Mistrust Among The Obstacles Latinos Face In Getting Vaccinated
- How Bubonic Plague Reshaped The Streets Of Mumbai
- 'We're Here, We Deserve Dignity': Arab Americans Advocate For Little Arabia In Calif.
Vaccinations continue across Connecticut with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reporting Friday a total of 1,421,045 doses have been distributed to the state and 1,121,517 doses have been administered. So far, about 22.2 % of Connecticut’s population has received at least one vaccine dose and 8.9% are fully vaccinated, according to CDC data.
- Ned Lamont’s Year In The Shadow Of COVID
- Tracking COVID Data: Vaccinations, Hospitalizations & Your Town's Infection Rate
- A Sign Of Hope After 'Winter Hibernation': Employers Add 379,000 Jobs
- NPR/Ipsos Poll: Nearly One-Third Of Parents May Stick With Remote Learning
- Connecticut To Lift Capacity Restrictions On Restaurants, Retail And Other Businesses