Carly Rae Jepsen hadn't released a Carly Rae Jepsen single from a Carly Rae Jepsen album in three years... until Thursday, that is. Her new single and video is "Party for One," and it's the "perfect self-love anthem for 2018."
And: The six-part BBC miniseries Bodyguard is British television's highest-rated drama since Downton Abbey and the BBC's highest-rated drama in a decade. The only broadcasts with similar ratings this year were things like the World Cup and the royal wedding. And now Bodyguard is on Netflix.
Some other stuff that happened this week, give or take:
- 50 Cent Bought 200 Front Row Tickets to a Ja Rule Show Just to Leave Them Empty
- Scientist in remote Antarctic outpost stabs colleague who told him endings of books he was reading
- Welcome to the Petty Hall of Fame
- Kanye Says He's Been Used So Now He's Leaving All That Political Stuff Behind
- Justin Bieber's Sideways Burrito Eating Was a Prank, You Idiots, You Absolute Fools
- 'Happy' was played at a Trump event after the Pittsburgh massacre. Now Pharrell is threatening to sue him.
- The Demise of FilmStruck Is Part of a Bigger Pattern
- Woman Who Claims To Have Had Sex With 20 Ghosts Now Engaged To One
- A thrown beer can dented the World Series trophy during the Red Sox parade
- timothée chalamet in conversation with harry styles: the hottest actor on the planet interviewed by music's most charismatic popstar
- Rebecca Castellani - A scholar of modern literature
- Taneisha Duggan - Producing associate at TheaterWorks
- Bill Yousman - Professor of Media Studies at Sacred Heart University
Colin McEnroe and Chion Wolf contributed to this show.