Cathy Fennelly tried to save her son from heroin addiction.
For eight years, she tried to help him get sober. She told him he couldn't come home unless he was in treatment. It tormented her, knowing that he might be sleeping on the streets, cold at night.
But nothing worked. In 2015, she found him dead from an overdose on her front step.
"No matter how many detoxes I put him in, no matter how many mental facilities; I emptied out my 401(k), I sold my jewelry," she says. "This will never get easier. Never."