Elon Musk will host tomorrow night's Saturday Night Live. It is, if nothing else, an odd choice.
Speaking of choices, Rolling Stone's list of the 100 Best Sitcoms of All Time is out this week.
Finally, This Is a Robbery: The World's Biggest Art Heist is a four-part Netflix docuseries about the 1990 robbery of the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in Boston. The burglary was the largest museum heist in history in terms of value (thought to be as much as $600 million) until 2019.
Some other stuff that happened this week, give or take:
- Jeff Goldblum's a movie star, jazz pianist and an inescapable meme. What's behind his enduring appeal?
- On That Bombshell Billie Eilish Cover for British Vogue
The pop star known for defying gender stereotypes got a glamour makeover with a corset. Not everyone is happy about it.
- Broadway Is Reopening. But Not Until September.
Even as New York City begins to reopen this summer, Broadway will not resume performances until Sept. 14. Here's why.
- I'm Not Ready to Perform
A great rock-and-roll show means openness, confrontation, and a kind of danger, and those ideas right now feel too heavy to lift.
- Jason Concepcion Is Still Working Through His Early-Pandemic Pasta Purchase
"I've always had an affinity for the cuisine of the Italians"
- Eww, That's Gross. And We Like It That Way.
Why the tasteless humor of "Bad Trip," starring Eric Andre, is a feat to be celebrated. Few can pull off transgression so skillfully.
- German Gymnasts Cover Their Legs In Stand Against Sexualization
- Prince's epic "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" guitar solo has a new director's cut
- Ethan Hawke Waits for Godot, or for the Zoom Screen to Unfreeze
After a rehearsal for a virtual production of the play, Hawke and his co-star John Leguizamo ponder how all dialogue now sounds like Beckett.
- Prancer, the 'demonic' Chihuahua who went viral, finds his forever home
Prancer has adjusted to both his new life and his viral celebrity status quite well.
- Here Are The First Official Photos From HBO's "House Of The Dragon"
The show will debut on HBO and on its streaming platform HBO Max in 2022.
- Heads Up! A Used Chinese Rocket Is Tumbling Back to Earth This Weekend.
The chances of it hitting a populated area are small, but not zero. That has raised questions about how the country’s space program designs its missions.
- Carolyn Paine - An actress, comedian, and dancer, and she is founder, director, and choreographer of CONNetic Dance
- Bill Yousman - Professor of Media Studies at Sacred Heart University
Colin McEnroe and Cat Pastor contributed to this show.