What is country music? If you ask Billboard, it’s definitely not Lil Nas X’s viral sensation, and the number one song in America, “Old Town Road”. The song, which was also remixed with country star Billy Ray Cyrus, has country themes, vibes, and sounds country, but Billboard booted it off their country charts.
Still, Lil Nas X, Cyrus, and a big swath of the country love the song regardless of its genre and can’t stop lip-singing to it on social media. Today, The Nose hops on the “Old Town Road”.
Plus, we cover the HBO series Barry. SNL alum Bill Hader co-created the series and he also stars, directs and writes the show. Hader plays Barry Berkman, a contract killer who is attempting to leave that life behind him while pursuing his new passion, acting. But he keeps killing people. This week the series was picked up for season three, so HBO definitely likes it. Today, the Nose takes on season two.
Finally, we tackle Lucky Lee’s restaurant in New York.
Some other things that happened this week, more or less:
- Black Hole Picture Revealed for The First Time
- Game of Thrones Season 8 Gets a New Song From The Weeknd, SZA, and Travis Scott
- James Holzhauer Just Shattered the Jeopardy! One-Game Winnings Record
- In the Gorgeous New Lion King Trailer, the Circle of Life Has Never Looked So Good
- Kim K Esq.
- Rand Richards Cooper - Contributing editor at Commonweal and writes the “In Our Midst” column for Hartford Magazine
- Irene Papoulis - Teaches writing at Trinity College
- Tracy Wu Fastenberg - Director of development at Covenant Preparatory School
Betsy Kaplan and Chion Wolf contributed to this show.