Logan Roy is the head of a major media conglomerate, much like Rupert Murdoch. Also like Murdoch, he's not sure if he wants any of his kids to take over when he decides to retire.
Warning: It's hard to feel any sympathy for the uber-wealthy, entitled, and morally-bankrupt characters in the HBO series Succession. That doesn't mean we're not riveted by the Shakespearan tragedy that ensues.
Also this hour: Sarah Palin's angry protest against Sacha Baron Cohen's next project will likely make it a commercial success. The Brits have lifted Green Day's American Idiot to the top of the charts to protest President Trump's visit. They've also elevated an unflattering Trump doll to high art.
Other possible topics include:
- AT&T wants to overhaul HBO, says it isn't profitable enough
AT&T warns HBO employees of a "tough" first year under AT&T ownership.
- Roy Orbison Hologram Tour Sets North American Dates
'In Dreams: Roy Orbison in Concert -- The Hologram Tour' sets 28-date trek, Missouri residency
- The Extinction of the Middle Child
They're becoming an American rarity, just when America could use them the most.
- The Death of the American Soccer Troll
The World Cup has had riveting games and fascinating story lines. But something is missing this time around.
- Stop Live-Tweeting Strangers Flirting
#PlaneBae is just the most recent example of an obnoxious trend.
- Unadulterated Joy: An Oral History of 'Step Brothers'
This is the true story of Adam McKay, Will Ferrell, and John C. Reilly's side-splittingly twisted exploration of male arrested development, the most fun movie to make ever made
- Cheese Prices Headed Lower as Supply Hits Record
Years of oversupply are hitting home as prices fall. Barring farm closures, the trend will continue -- especially if China and Mexico impose bigger tariffs.
- Alaska's last 2 Blockbuster stores are closing, leaving just one in the U.S.
- 10 Modern Filmmakers Explain How 'Die Hard' Influenced Them
- Time for adults to ditch the baseball cap? A great debate begins
- Let's be honest, America: Dogs are parasites, not man's best friend
- Does the Dog Die?
- Rebecca Castellani - A scholar of modern literature
- John Dankosky - Executive editor of the New England News Collaborative, and host of The Wheelhouse and NEXT on WNPR
- Rich Hollant - Principal and design director at CO:LAB and a commissioner on cultural affairs for the city of Hartford
Colin McEnroe and Chion Wolf contributed to this show.