As 2018 draws to a close, The Nose makes its final appearance on our schedule this year. And so we've brought in a nine-person Nose to do a special, live, nighttime broadcast of our best ofs (and maybe worst ofs?) of the year.
We'll probably talk about The Favourite. We'll almost certainly talk about Black Panther and A Star Is Born (2018) and Crazy Rich Asians. Hannah Gadsby: Nanette will probably get some mentions, along with Queer Eye and My Brilliant Friend.
But that's the easy stuff. What else'll come up? Janelle Monae's Dirty Computer? Childish Gambino's "This Is America"? Bob Woodward's Fear? Writer's Tears whiskey? A whole bunch of different donut shops?
- Scott Brede - Politics producer at WNPR
- Rebecca Castellani - Director of venue operations and tour marketing at We Save Music
- Jim Chapdelaine - Emmy Award-winning musician, producer, composer, and recording engineer; patient advocate for people with rare cancers
- Rand Richards Cooper - Contributing editor at Commonweal; writes the "In Our Midst" column for Hartford Magazine
- Taneisha Duggan - Producing associate at TheaterWorks
- James Hanley - Co-founder of Cinestudio at Trinity College
- Rich Hollant - Principal and design director at CO:LAB; a commissioner on cultural affairs for the city of Hartford
- Tucker Ives - Digital producer at WNPR
- Betsy Kaplan - Senior producer, The Colin McEnroe Show
- Jacques Lamarre - A playwright; senior project manager at Buzz Engine
- Carlos Mejia - Digital producer at WNPR
- Irene Papoulis - Teaches writing at Trinity College
- Kate Rushin - A poet who was recently commissioned to write and deliver a poem commemorating the 125th anniversary of the Hartford Public Library
- Chion Wolf - Announcer, photographer, and technical producer at WNPR
Colin McEnroe contributed to this show.