If you ever drive across the country, you’ll notice there is a surprising amount of World’s Largest attractions.
West Virginia has the world’s largest teapot, California has the world’s largest yo-yo and Arkansas, for whatever reason, has the world’s largest Spinach can. This hour we talk to the man who brought the world’s tallest Uncle Sam to Danbury, Connecticut.
We also speak with the only person in history who claims to have built two full-size replicas of Stonehenge, and a cartoonist that is very well-traveled.
Lastly, we speak to someone who is the attraction. He's gone viral for knitting sweaters of roadside attractions, then taking selfies in front of them.
- Bill Griffith - Creator of the syndicated daily comic strip Zippy and author of two graphic memoirs, most recently, Nobody’s Fool: The Life and Times of Schlitzie the Pinhead
- Mark Boughton - Mayor of Danbury
- Edmund J. Kingham - Author of Messerschmitt 109
- Mark Cline - Artist, performer and owner of Enchanted Castle Studios and the creator of Foamhenge
- Sam Barsky - Artistic knitter
Colin McEnroe, Betsy Kaplan, and Chion Wolf contributed to this episode.