In January 2015, when it was announced that a planned new Ghostbusters movie would feature four female leads, internet fanbros went crazy. And then, this March, when the first Ghostbusters trailer came out, the internet fanbros went crazy all over again.
And now the movie is finally out. (And guess what the internet fanbros did.)
So we invited practically every woman who's ever been on The Nose to see the film and join us today to discuss it.
Eight of them are here. Some of them love the original movie. Some of them don't particularly care about the original movie. Some of them have never seen the original movie.
All of them have seen the new movie.
This hour The Nose is all-girls (plus Colin) and all-Ghostbusters (give or take).
- Theresa Cramer - A writer and the editor of E Content Magazine, and founding editor of The Cut
- Taneisha Duggan - Producing associate at Theater Works
- Elizabeth Keifer - Professor of English at Tunxis Community College
- Vivian Martin - Chair of the Department of Journalism at Central Connecticut State University
- Carolyn Paine - An actress, comedian, and dancer, and she is founder, director, and choreographer of Connetic Dance
- Irene Papoulis - Lecturer at the Allan K. Smith Center for Writing and Rhetoric at Trinity College
- Kate Rushin - A poet, writer, and educator
- Tracy Wu-Fastenberg - Director of development at the Mark Twain House and Museum
Colin McEnroe and Betsy Kaplan contributed to this show.