New Zealand Mass Shooting
Updated at 4:37 a.m. ET Forty-nine people are dead and at least 20 are seriously injured in what New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern says "can now only be described as a terrorist attack." Two mosques in Christchurch were attacked Friday around the time of afternoon prayers. A male in his late 20s has been charged with murder, New Zealand Police Commissioner Mike Bush said. Three other people were apprehended, though one of those people might not have been involved in the shootings....
- Billboard Prompts Survivors Of Child Sexual Abuse To Come Forward, Decades Later
- Local College Admissions Advisers Say Scam Is Not That Surprising
- Historic Willimantic, Connecticut To Demolish Rough Reputation
- Majority Of Fall River Voters Opt For Recall, But Mayor Still Wins Election
- 6 Months After Casino Opens In Springfield, Massachusetts, Gambling Addiction Services Roll Out… Slowly
More From Connecticut Public Radio
The Marine Stress and Ocean Health Lab at the New England Aquarium looks like your typical laboratory. It’s full of humming and whirring machines, beakers and test tubes, digital scales and centrifuges. What sets it apart is the freezer. At negative 80 degrees Celsius, it houses the world’s largest collection of right whale poop. Yes, poop. It sounds gross, but scientists can learn a lot from feces reproductive and metabolic health, stress levels, exposure to infectious disease and biotoxins...
Guns & America
After months of silence, the Connecticut Supreme Court reinstated a wrongful death lawsuit filed by the families of nine victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting against Remington Arms, the manufacturer of the rifle used in the shooting.