Stocks fell sharply for a second day in a row. The Dow dropped 879 points on Tuesday, after tumbling more than 1,000 points on Monday. While the coronavirus outbreak in China appears to have peaked, investors are worried by the growing number of cases in other countries, as well as a warning from U.S. health officials that the virus could hit closer to home. Just last week, the S&P 500 stock index was hitting record highs. Now it's fallen more than 6% in just the last two days. Financial...
Amid pushback from Republicans and thousands of outraged parents, the legislature’s Public Health Committee voted Monday to advance a bill that would ban religious exemptions to mandatory immunizations in Connecticut.
Latest News From NPR
- South Carolina Democratic Debate: Live Updates And Analysis
- Supreme Court Rules Border Patrol Agents Who Shoot Foreign Nationals Can't Be Sued
- Judge Weighs Roger Stone's Bid For A New Trial As Trump Attacks Her On Twitter
- Regulators Issue Another Safety Fix For Boeing's Troubled 737 Max Plane
- Dow Drops 1900 Points In 2 Days As Markets Sell Off On Fears Of Coronavirus Spread
More From Connecticut Public Radio
Richard Colangelo Jr., recognized most recently as the prosecutor in the Fotis Dulos murder case, is Connecticut’s newest chief state’s attorney. The former Stamford state’s attorney is settling into his role as the state’s top prosecutor and administrative head of the Division of Criminal Justice. He replaced Kevin Kane, who recently retired as the state's longest-serving chief state’s attorney after 13 years in the position.