In case you missed it, there was a major summit in Manhattan earlier this week, a meeting of the minds at Trump Tower: Kanye West went to see the President-elect.
Now, maybe this was just a convention of major a-holes. We grant you that. But it got us to thinking about the relationship between the presidency and the arts, the President and pop culture.
Seemingly, the arts world embraced President Obama. But did he embrace it back? And then, Kanye (and Scott Baio and Kid Rock) notwithstanding, DOTUS's relationship with the pop culture community is already off to a rocky start.
Other topics may include:
- Alan Thicke, the Dad on the Sitcom "Growing Pains," Dies at 69
- Craig Sager, Colorful N.B.A. Sideline Reporter, Dies
- Wonder Woman Is Out of a Job at the United Nations After Much Criticism
- Students remove Shakespeare portrait in English dept., aiming for inclusivity
- Pageant Silences Beauty Queen, a Critic of China, at U.S. Contest
- A Transcendent Patti Smith Accepts Bob Dylan's Nobel Prize
- Trevor Noah Wants to Do Real News Now
- James Hanley - Co-founder of Cinestudio at Trinity College
- Irene Papoulis - Teaches writing at Trinity College
- Tracy Wu Fastenberg - Director of development at Covenant Preparatory School
Colin McEnroe, Greg Hill, and Chion Wolf contributed to this show.