Governor Malloy’s budget plan promises to aid struggling cities, but many towns are concerned about footing more of the bill.
This hour, we ask municipal leaders and lawmakers about Malloy’s budget proposal and we want to hear from you.
Are you worried about your property taxes going up?
We find out how the Governor's proposals has the potential of helping schools in our cities — and impacting locals hospitals, too. As lawmakers begin pushing back on the proposal, where will they likely make changes before a final budget deal is voted on?
- Daniela Altimari - Statehouse Reporter at the Hartford Courant
- Susan Bransfield - First Selectwoman of Portland, CT, President of the Connecticut Conference of Municipalities
- Paul Formica - Republican State Senator representing the 20th District, including East Lyme, Montville, New London, Old Lyme, Old Saybrook, Salem and Waterford, Co-chair of the Appropriations Committee
- Jason Rojas - Democratic State Representative for East Hartford and Manchester, House Chair of the Finance, Revenue and Bonding Committee
- Erin Stewart - Mayor of New Britain, CT
- Michael Tetreau - First Selectman of Fairfield, CT
Chion Wolf contributed to this show.