This hour: a lesson in public history. How are towns and cities across Connecticut and the Northeast engaging residents with the past?
We check in with a team of experts and historians. We look at examples of locally driven projects and initiatives, and consider their impact on community building and sense of place.
Do you feel a strong tie to your community’s history? We want to hear from you.
- Leah Glaser - Professor of History and Coordinator of the Public History Program at Central Connecticut State University
- Chuck Arning - National Park Service Interpretive Ranger and A/V Specialist
- John Tuohy - Regional author and historian for the city of Ansonia, Connecticut
- Dennis Culliton - Eight grade history teacher and co-founder of the Witness Stones Project in Guilford, Connecticut
- Regan Miner - Consultant for the city of Norwich, Connecticut and the Norwich Historical Society
Catie Talarski contributed to this show.