Venture into any of Connecticut's municipal centers and you will likely notice an empty storefront … or two or three or, well, you get the point.
This hour, we ask: What impact do these vacancies have on the vitality of local communities? And what resources are available to help these communities attract and retain more retail businesses?
- Patrick McMahon - C.E.O. of the Connecticut Main Street Center
- Carl Rosa - C.E.O. of Main Street Waterbury, a Connecticut Main Street Center member community
- Elizabeth Donius - Executive Director of the Westville Village Renaissance Alliance, a Connecticut Main Street Center member community
- Robert Gibbs - Urban planning and retail consultant, President of Gibbs Planning Group, and Director of the Urban Retail Institute (@urbanretail)
- Jackie Wetenhall - Vice President and Director of Retail Development for Stamford Downtown
The Connecticut Main Street Center's statewide summit "Retail in the Age of Disruption" will take place on on Wednesday, October 2, 2019 at The Lyceum in Hartford, Connecticut. For more info, click here.
Chion Wolf contributed to this show.