Scattered across Connecticut’s landscape are thousands of old mills and factories. Places like the Gardiner Hall Jr. Company in Willington and Whiting Mills in Winsted now stand as architectural relics from our rich, industrial past.
This hour, we take an inventory of these buildings and learn about ongoing efforts to preserve and reuse them. Later, we also talk to the author of Abandoned America: The Age of Consequences, a photographic collection of deserted sites across the United States.
- Renee Tribert - Project manager for Making Places, a project of the CT Trust for Historic Preservation
- Wes Haynes - Project director for Making Places, a project of the CT Trust for Historic Preservation
- Ellen Griesedieck - Artist and president of the American Mural Project
- Tom Buccino - Manager of The Mill Works in Willington, CT
- Jeff Barnett-Winsby - Co-Executive Director of The Wassaic Project in Wassaic, NY
- Matthew Christopher - Photographer and author of Abandoned America: The Age of Consequences
John Dankosky, Chion Wolf, and Heather Brandon contributed to this show.