They've gone years without a raise. Now, members of Connecticut's private group home workforce are calling for a boost in support from the state.
With a possible strike looming this April, we speak to Josh Kovner from the Hartford Courant for an update.
Also this hour: While the opioid epidemic garners national attention, trends in cocaine use and overdose remain largely unseen. We shed light on why that is.
And finally: combating hunger under Trump. We look at the president's 2019 budget proposal and hear about his administration's plans for a so-called “Harvest Box system." Could it be the next Blue Apron? We find out.
- Josh Kovner - Reporter for the Hartford Courant
- David Pickus - President of SEIU 1199
- Barry Simon - President and CEO of Oak Hill
- Dr. Keith Humphreys - Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Stanford University
- Dr. Charles Dike - Medical Director for the Connecticut Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services
- Shannon Yearwood - Executive Director of End Hunger Connecticut!
Chion Wolf contributed to this show.