Greta Gerwig's solo directorial debut, Lady Bird, is a coming-of-age comedy/drama that stars Saoirse Ronan, Laurie Metcalf, and Lucas Hedges. Oh, and it's currently at 99% on the Tomatometer. So here's the question: Can a movie that's at 99% on the Tomatometer really ever be anything other than a letdown?
And then: Is the English translation of the Lord's Prayer actually a mistranslation? The Pope thinks it might be.
Other possible topics include:
- Casualties of the Cashless Society: Those Who Get Seasonal Tips
- White! Christmas!
- The Alamo Drafthouse is Opening a Video Rental Store
- Matt Damon says we aren't talking enough about all the men in Hollywood who aren't sexual predators
- Eminem's New Album Is a Fiery and Much Needed Denunciation of Trump. It's Also Terrible.
- The Magic of Titanic's Ending, 20 Years Later
- Orgies Are For More than Just Banging
- Loud orgies of Mexican fish could deafen dolphins, say scientists
- Theresa Cramer - A writer and the editor of E Content Magazine
- James Hanley - Co-founder of Cinestudio at Trinity College
- Kate Rushin - Teaching artist for the Connecticut Office of the Arts and a Pushcart Prize-nominated poet; her work can be found in The Women's Review of Books and the Cape Cod Poetry Review
Colin McEnroe, Betsy Kaplan, and Chion Wolf contributed to this show.