There are nine movies nominated for Best Picture at this year's Academy Awards. And, as of this week, The Nose has seen eight of them. We saw Get Out way back in last March. We saw Dunkirk over the summer. We went to Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri at night. And this awards season, we've gone to Greta Gerwig's Lady Bird and Steven Spielberg's The Post and Paul Thomas Anderson's Phantom Thread.
This week we add Best Picture nominees numbers seven and eight: Call Me by Your Name (nominated for four Oscars, including Best Actor for Timothée Chalamet) and The Shape of Water (13 nominations, including Best Director for Guillermo Del Toro and three acting awards).
That gives The Nose three weeks to get to the final nominee, Darkest Hour. It might happen, but it won't be next week.
Other possible topics include:
- This is how Justin Timberlake lost the Super Bowl
- Super Mario Odyssey producer settles the debate over Toad's head
- Soylent Looks to Shed Techie Image With 7-Eleven Store Expansion
- In Conversation: Quincy Jones
- Rebecca Castellani - Entertainment director at Bridge Street Live in Collinsville, Conn.
- Jim Chapdelaine - An Emmy Award-winning musician, producer, composer, and recording engineer, and a patient advocate for people with rare cancers
- Jacques Lamarre is a playwright, and director of client services at Buzz Engine
Colin McEnroe and Chion Wolf contributed to this show.