We depend on your support. Donate to Connecticut Public today.
Some other stuff that happened this week, give or take:
- Emmys alter rules to combat America's crippling EGOT epidemic
- A same-sex love scene was cut from a movie on Delta flights. So was the word 'lesbian.'
- Radio Host Claims 'Boomer' Is the 'N-Word of Ageism,' Internet Immediately Responds with 'OK Boomer'
- 'Death Stranding' Is the Best Video Game Movie Ever Made
Guillermo del Toro, Mads Mikkelsen, Margaret Qualley, and Norman Reedus star in a video game that doubles as one of the year's best cinematic experiences.
- Facebook is now F A C E B O O K
- Martin Scorsese: I Said Marvel Movies Aren't Cinema. Let Me Explain.
Cinema is an art form that brings you the unexpected. In superhero movies, nothing is at risk, a director says.
- Netflix and Theater Chains Feud Over 'Irishman'
- Seth Meyers's Netflix Special Features a Handy Button to Skip the Trump Jokes
- James Dean, who died in 1955, just landed a new movie role, thanks to CGI
Directors say he was the 'perfect' actor to play the role
- It's Time to Take Down the Mona Lisa
Leonardo's painting is a security hazard, an educational obstacle and not even a satisfying bucket-list item. It's time the Louvre moved it out of the way.
- Rebecca Castellani - Music writer for the Red Hook Star Revue
- Taneisha Duggan - Producing associate at TheaterWorks
- Bill Yousman - Professor of Media Studies at Sacred Heart University
Colin McEnroe and Chion Wolf contributed to this show.