The Rise of Skywalker is the third and final movie in the third (and final?) trilogy -- the sequel trilogy in the trilogy of trilogies -- in the main, so-called "Skywalker Saga" of the Star Wars narrative. It's the eleventh Star Wars movie overall, the fifth since Disney bought Lucasfilm and took over the franchise, and the second directed by JJ Abrams (after The Force Awakens, the first of the Disney Star Wars films and the highest-grossing movie in the history of the United States). It is... somewhat divisive. The Nose weighs in.
And: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have announced that they're backing away from their role as royals.
Plus: Winter. You either hate it, or you love it.
Some other stuff that happened this week, give or take:
- People are seeing 'Cats' while high out of their minds. These are their stories.
- Good Riddance to Ricky Gervais, the Sneering, Purposefully Intolerable Golden Globes Host
- The Golden Globes Sends a Message With Its Snub of The Irishman
- Witness the birth of the year's first meme with Tom Hanks' Golden Globes grimace
- Elizabeth Wurtzel, 'Prozac Nation' author who spurred a memoir boom, dies at 52
- Report: Red Sox used replay room to steal signs in 2018 season
- John Mulaney Is Not So Square
- There are 2,373 squirrels in Central Park. I know because I helped count them.
- The Oscars Will Skip the Whole To-Do and Just Go Hostless Once Again
- Buck Henry Dies: 'The Graduate' Writer, 'Get Smart' Co-Creator & Early 'SNL' Favorite Was 89
- Jupiter Is Flinging Comets Toward Earth
- Warner Bros. Will Use Artificial Intelligence to Help Decide Which Movies to Greenlight
- GOOP Has a Candle Called 'This Smells Like My Vagina'
- Rich Hollant - Principal at CO:LAB, founder of Free Center, and commissioner on cultural affairs for the city of Hartford
- Edwin Krakowiak - A navy vet going to school to become a middle school algebra teacher
- Helder Mira - Multimedia producer at Trinity College and a Cinestudio board member
- Carolyn Paine - An actress, comedian, and dancer, and she is founder, director, and choreographer of CONNetic Dance
Colin McEnroe and Chion Wolf contributed to this show.