And we've gotten to that part of the year where all the awards-season movies all come out at once. (I guess it's called... "awards season"? Huh.) But then the rest of pop culture keeps keeping on at the same time.
It can get to be a real strain on The Nose, so this week we cover two movies at once: Adam McKay's six-time Golden Globe-nominated Vice and Susanne Bier's Sandra-Bullock-and-John-Malkovich, post-apocalyptic, Netflix thriller, Bird Box.
Some other stuff that happened this week, give or take:
- People Are Convinced Grover Said the F-Word on Sesame Street, But That Just Does Not Sound Like Him
- If you gave up your smartphone for a year, you would have time to make love about 16,000 times
That math is, shall we say, not great.
- The World Isn't Ready For These Fried Chicken Pants
- Netflix Drops Hasan Minhaj Episode In Saudi Arabia At Government's Request
- Your Favorite Baseball Team Can Afford Any Free Agent It Wants
- Donald Trump Debuts 'Game Of Thrones'-Themed Poster At Cabinet Meeting
- NYT crossword editor apologizes after derogatory Hispanic slur appears in puzzle
- Bob Einstein Dies: 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Actor Who Also Played Super Dave Osborne Was 76
- Daryl Dragon of 'Captain and Tennille' dies at 76
- John Dankosky - Executive editor of the New England News Collaborative and host of The Wheelhouse and NEXT on WNPR
- James Hanley - Co-founder of Cinestudio at Trinity College
- Tracy Wu Fastenberg - Director of development at Covenant Preparatory School
Colin McEnroe and Chion Wolf contributed to this show.