Netflix announced this week that it has suspended production on the sixth and final season of its award-winning drama series "House of Cards." Its lead actor, Kevin Spacey, apologized for an act of sexual misconduct with a 14 year old while simultaneously coming out as gay, and things have only gotten more complicated since.
And then, a University of Hartford freshman, Chennel "Jazzy" Rowe, has allegedly suffered some truly nightmarish -- and racist -- bullying, harassment, and, I guess, vandalism at the hands of her roommate, Brianna Brochu. Brochu has bragged on Instagram about putting moldy clam dip in Rowe's lotion, rubbing used tampons on Rowe's backpack, and putting Rowe's toothbrush places "where the sun doesn't shine," among other things.
Other possible topics include:
- Boob Barrage On Chapel
- Music News: Southwest Airlines adds live concerts to in-flight amenities
- J-Rod! Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez on Love, Beauty, and Redemption
- Kirkus Reviews and the Plight of the 'Problematic' Book Review
- 'Against the Tyranny of Intellectual Mobs'
- Staff at Emoji HQ Are Going to Battle Over a 'Frowning Pile of Poo'
- Lucy Gellman - Editor of The Arts Paper and host of WNHH radio's Kitchen Sync
- Mercy Quaye - Managing director of external affairs for Educators For Excellence-Connecticut
- Brian Slattery - Arts editor for the New Haven Independent and a producer at WNHH radio
Colin McEnroe, Catie Talarski, and Chion Wolf contributed to this show.