It's just by happenstance that we ran into three short films this week that are both remarkable and newly available online. One of them is really something, and because of that, you have to figure, it won this year's Oscar for Best Live Action Short. One of them is merely clever and well done. And the last is an animated short that will utterly defy your expectations of an animated short.
And the best part is: You can watch all three of them in just 27 minutes.
And then: The Alfred E. Smith Memorial Foundation Dinner was last night. And it was... kind of a mess.
Plus maybe another topic that we haven't picked yet. It might be one of these:
- MetLife Grounds Snoopy. Curse You, Red Baron!
- This Is How Dumb Undecided Voters Seem At This Point In The Election
- Meet the Perennials
- Tomi Lahren Has Some Thoughts
- Janet Jackson's 'Nasty' Sees Streaming Spike After Debate
- Theresa Cramer - Writer and the editor of E Content Magazine, and founding editor of The Cut
- James Hanley - Co-founder of Cinestudio at Trinity College
- Kate Rushin - Poet and writer who teaches in the Amistad Freedom Trail Project
Colin McEnroe, Greg Hill, and Chion Wolf contributed to this show.