Actress Cynthia Nixon lost the Democratic gubernatorial primary in New York yesterday. Did she lose because of the kind of bagel she eats? Probably not. But from the Nose's point of view, what could really matter more than that?
And Vulture, last week -- "as the discourse rages on about whether or not political correctness is destroying comedy (spoiler alert: it isn't)" -- ran a piece on the jokes comedians regret. But here's the real question: Do we want comedians regretting their jokes, tasteless or not?
Finally: Aneesh Chaganty's directorial debut, Searching, is maybe the first movie told entirely from the point of view of all of our screens. And it's maybe the first mainstream Hollywood thriller with an Asian-American lead actor (and while Crazy Rich Asians is still near the top of the charts).
And here's the recipe that Taneisha endorsed: Milk Bar's Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies
Some other stuff that happened this week, give or take:
- Can Mark Zuckerberg Fix Facebook Before It Breaks Democracy?
The most famous entrepreneur of his generation is facing a public reckoning with the power of Big Tech.
- Emmys 2018 Predictions: Who Will Win, Who Should Win
Is 'Game of Thrones' set to run the table? Can Donald Glover repeat? Will 'The Americans' finally be rewarded? Our TV critic on who’s sure to take home trophies -- and who really deserves them
- Tonight Show Axes Norm Macdonald Sit-Down After Controversial Interview
The former Saturday Night Live cast member lamented the way that embattled stars including Louis C.K. and Roseanne Barr have "[lost] everything in a day": "Of course, people will go, 'What about the victims?' But you know what? The victims didn't have to go through that."
- Paul McCartney Has an Unbelievable Story About John Lennon, Pre-Fame Beatles, and Group Masturbation
Another elder-statesman-of-fame interview for the ages.
- Conan's first episode is now online, and all the rest are coming soon
Late Night with Conan O'Brien premiered 25 years ago last night.
- Oral History of the 'Judgment Night' Soundtrack: 1993's Rap-Rock Utopia
Members of Cypress Hill, Faith No More, Sonic Youth, Run-DMC and more look back on a genre-splicing cult classic
- Tossed Salad and Scrambled Eggs: An Oral History of Frasier
- Superman: Michael B. Jordan Reportedly Being Considered To Replace Henry Cavill
- Christopher Nolan and Paul Thomas Anderson launch new offensive in the war on shitty TV settings
- Mets great David Wright done playing baseball after this season
- Subway $5 Footlong is going away, but paninis may be coming
- N.R.A. Show Puts Thomas the Tank Engine in White Hood to Criticize Diversity Move
- Controversy surrounds new Pulaski County newspaper's name
- Taneisha Duggan - Producing associate at TheaterWorks
- Carolyn Paine Actress, comedian, and dancer; founder, director, and choreographer of CONNetic Dance
- Bill Yousman - Professor of Media Studies at Sacred Heart University
Colin McEnroe and Chion Wolf contributed to this show.