My mom liked Moonlight. She compares it favorably to other movies she's liked like Brokeback Mountain. But she's not sure that she left the theater a different person from when she went in, that she was transformed by the movie, that it is transcendent.
And so: Is it good enough to merely like a movie that the zeitgeist says is a masterpiece?
Other possible topics include:
- Tarell Alvin McCraney to Head Playwriting Program at Yale
- Debate Grows Over Cop-Pig Art Decision
- LAST TABOO: Why Pop Culture Just Can't Deal with Black Male Sexuality
- Artists Have Never Had Less Power in American Life. What Should They Do in the Age of Trump?
- Tom Breen - Film critic for the New Haven Independent and the host of Deep Focus on WNHH
- Lucy Gellman - A reporter for the New Haven Independent and station manager at WNHH
- Shawn Murray - A stand up comedian based in New Haven
Colin McEnroe and Chion Wolf contributed to this show.