Mister Rogers said, “When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”
This hour, we’re going to do just that. We’re talking to volunteers, and those working to make our lives a little brighter during this difficult time.
We want to hear from you. What are you doing to help out your community? What are your friends and neighbors doing to lift each other's spirits?
- Dr. David Shapiro - MD, MHSM Chief of Surgical Critical Care & Chief Quality Officer at St Francis Hospital in Hartford, Connecticut (@SaintFrancisCT)
- Deb Polun - Executive Director, Connecticut Association for Community Action
- J.R. Logan - Executive Director, MakeHaven
- Rob Faber - photographer from Suffield, Connecticut
- Amanda Stanton - CEO of Stanton Equipment
- Lisa Tuttle - resident of Somerville, Massachusetts