It's Primary Day in Connecticut! We know a lot of people can't vote in today's primaries because they're either not registered with one of our two major political parties, they're one of the millions of Americans on vacation during one of our final weeks of summer, or they just don't know about it. Maybe, it's all of the above.
We found a couple of stalwart voters who work in occupations (way) outside of politics. They represent different political parties, genders and they live in different geographical locations around the state. They're willing to talk to us about how they're feeling this primary election and what their experience was like at the polls today.
Plus, we're taking your calls. Tell us about your experience at the polls and how you're feeling about this primary?
- Barry Blitt - Cartoonist at The New Yorker
- Reverend Jack Gilpin - Rector at St. John's Episcopal Church in New Milford, CT; actor performing in live theater, film, and television. He was most recently in the HBO series, "Succession"
- Lennie Grimaldi - Journalist, founder of the webzine "Only in Bridgeport,"and author of several books including Connecticut Characters: Personalities Spicing Up The Nutmeg State.
- Lara Herscovitz - Singer, songwriter, poet, performer and former CT State Troubador. She's the creative director & editor of the Community Leadership Program blog, The Circle.
- Jan and Harold Kritzman - Owners Olde Towne Coin Company in Newington, CT
- Josh Pawelek - Minister, Unitarian Universalist Society East in Manchester, CT
- "Ruth" - Vintage jewelry dealer
- Dan Spicer - Sales Engineer for Light Sources Inc. in Orange, CT
- Christine Woodside - Writer and editor; author of Libertarians on the Prairie: Laura Ingalls Wilder, Rose Wilder Lane, and the Making of the Little House books.
Colin McEnroe and Chion Wolf contributed to this conversation