The 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act introduced a new initiative, the Opportunity Zones Program, to spur investment in the nation’s most distressed communities. The state of Connecticut is home to 72 Opportunity Zones. What efforts are being made to attract investors to these regions? This hour, we find out, and we also hear from you. Do you live in or near an Opportunity Zone?
- Margaret Anadu - Head of the Urban Investment Group at Goldman Sachs (@margaretanadu)
- David Kooris - Deputy Commissioner of Connecticut’s Department of Economic and Community Development (DECD)
- Jim Bellano - Economic Development Director for the Town of Windham, Connecticut
- Paige Bronk - Economic and Community Development Manager for the Town of Groton, Connecticut
- Tim Sullivan - Chief Executive Officer of the New Jersey Economic Development Authority (NJEDA)
For more on the 2019 Connecticut Oppportunity Zones Conference, click here.
Catie Talarski contributed to this show.