Recent hate crimes against Indians living in the U.S. have — again — sparked debate within South Asian communities, recalling memories of similar attacks after 9/11.
This hour, we hear reaction from Indians living in Connecticut. What’s the best way to respond to incidents of hate?
We learn why state lawmakers have proposed legislation that would make Connecticut’s hate crimes law the strictest in the nation.
Federal authorities say there’s an increase in hate crimes and discrimination over the last 15 years. Does that concern you?
- Pankaj Prakash - Connecticut Resident
- Tejas Bhatt - Connecticut Resident
- Manisha Srivastava - Connecticut Resident
- William Tong - State Representative for Stamford, Darien
- Ken Schwencke - Journalist and Developer at ProPublica
Chion Wolf contributed to this show.