Sanctuary cities have become a focus in the national debate on immigration reform. But what are they? Where are they? And how do they affect communities around the country?
This hour, we take a look at the local and national impact of sanctuary policies. We also check in with Allentown, Pennsylvania Mayor Ed Pawlowski. Earlier this year, he co-signed a letter urging President Obama to take in more Syrian refugees. We get his thoughts on the more recent national debate over refugee resettlement.
- Cedar Attanasio - Immigration and Politics Writer for the Latin Times
- Michael Wishnie - William O. Douglas Clinical Professor of Law and founder of the Worker & Immigrant Rights Advocacy Clinic at Yale Law School
- Jessica Vaughan - Director of Policy Studies at the Center for Immigration Studies in Washington, D.C.
- Ana María Rivera - Director of Advocacy and Program Development at the Junta for Progressive Action in New Haven
- Ed Pawlowski - Mayor of Allentown, PA
John Dankosky and Chion Wolf contributed to this show, which originally aired on December 4, 2015.