We decided to bow to reality, and make this hour all about getting ready for the storm. You’ve heard about the storm, right? We begin today with NBC Connecticut meteorologist Ryan Hanrahan, and find out why this particular storm has his profession in such a lather.
Then we move on to what most -- ideally all -- of you will be doing from Monday night through Wednesday morning: staying put.
Culture critic Linda Holmes and I will discuss some viewing recommendations. Watch them until the power goes out. If and when that happens, maybe you’ll still be able to read. You’ve still got time to add to your e-reader or physically pick up some of the books our final guest John Warner and I will be discussing. Warner is one of the commentators in a March tournament of literary fiction.
- Ryan Hanrahan - NBC Connecticut meteorologist
- Linda Holmes - Writer at NPR’s pop culture blog, Monkey See, and host of NPR’s Pop Culture Happy Hour
- John Warner - Color commentator for The Morning News Tournament of Books
- “Let It Snow (Remix)” by JustFurKiks
- “Ridin’ The Storm Out” by REO Speedwagon
- “Snow Day” by Toby Lightman
Tucker Ives and Chion Wolf contributed to this show.