This hour, visit a West Hartford history professor’s eye-opening Halloween display about Black Lives Matter and Covid-19, and hear what passersby think of it.
Then, meet a pastor from Indiana who tells us about why he believes that the blue moon this Halloween is a sign of end times.
Finally: Candy corn! The CEO of Jelly Belly gives us a history lesson, one woman reports back from having eaten Brecht’s new “Turkey Dinner Candy Corn”, and the co-star of an Atlanta, Georgia-based YouTube channel walks us through the process of making candy corn coated buffalo wings.
- Matt Warshauer is an author, and professor of history at Central Connecticut State University
- Tim Taylor & Louie Gonzalez are West Hartford residents
- Jaeme McDonald & Rachel Tonucci are West Hartford residents
- Ebony Mitchell and her kids Elijah and Lauren are Hartford residents
- Paul Begley has been a pastor for the last 32 years at the Community Gospel Baptist Church in Knox, Indiana
- Lisa Rowland Brasher is the CEO of Jelly Belly, and a fifth generation candy maker
- Victoria Messina is an Associate Editor of Trending and Viral Features at PopSugar.com
- Cat Wright is the co-star of the Atlanta, Georgia-based YouTube channel, Cub & Cat
Catie Talarski contributed to this show.