Who should be able to build casinos in Connecticut?
Plans by the Mashantucket Pequot and Mohegan tribes to build a third gaming facility in East Windsor have stalled, and lawmakers in southwestern Connecticut are now pushing a bill to scrap that plan in favor of a new casino in Bridgeport.
This hour, we sort this all out.
How will legislation calling for an open bid process impact Connecticut’s longstanding gaming compact with the two tribes? Millions in slot revenue for Connecticut could be in jeopardy.
Coming up, we’ll get the latest from the Hartford Courant’s Ken Gosselin and we’ll hear from lawmakers on both sides of the debate.
And the Winter Olympics are underway!
Eight athletes from Connecticut are competing in Pyeongchang this year. We talk with WNPR’s Frankie Graziano about which sports to watch, from “ice dancing” to “big air.”
- Ken Gosselin - Business reporter for the Hartford Courant
- Robert Maynard - First Selectman of East Windsor, Connecticut
- Representative Christopher Rosario - State Representative to the Connecticut General Assembly from Bridgeport
- Senator Cathy Osten - State Senator to the Connecticut General Assembly from Sprague
- Frankie Graziano – WNPR Reporter
Chion Wolf contributed to this show.