Hanging behind Gov. Ned Lamont’s desk is the painting “Right to Know.” Norman Rockwell completed it in 1968, years after the artist best known for folksy Saturday Evening Post illustrations had turned to serious themes, including distrust in government.
A lawsuit filed by a Connecticut woman over images of enslaved people has been dismissed by a Massachusetts judge. Tamara Lanier sued Harvard University two years ago to force the release of the rights to pictures of two people she says are her enslaved ancestors.
- More Than 200 Incarcerated People At FCI Danbury Decline Vaccine
- Double Taxation Bill Clears Conn. Legislature
- High Winds Bring Outages, Road Closures In Connecticut
- Conn. Bill Would Require Upfront Disclosure Of Property Energy Costs
- Hartford Public Schools Goes Back To In-Person Learning For Lower Grades
More From Connecticut Public
The Radical Black Art and Performance Series features virtual performances, film screenings, discussions and workshops by LGBTQ artists and scholars of color.
Latest News From NPR
- Army Chaplain's Remains Identified After 70 years
- Biden Praises Senate Passage Of 'Desperately Needed' COVID-19 Relief Bill
- Far-Right Misinformation Is Thriving On Facebook. A New Study Shows Just How Much
- Texas Won't Reduce $16 Billion In Electricity Charges From Winter Storm
- In First Test Drive On Mars, Perseverance Rover Makes A Short But Significant Trip
Vaccinations continue across Connecticut with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reporting Friday a total of 1,421,045 doses have been distributed to the state and 1,121,517 doses have been administered. So far, about 22.2 % of Connecticut’s population has received at least one vaccine dose and 8.9% are fully vaccinated, according to CDC data.
- Ned Lamont’s Year In The Shadow Of COVID
- Tracking COVID Data: Vaccinations, Hospitalizations & Your Town's Infection Rate
- A Sign Of Hope After 'Winter Hibernation': Employers Add 379,000 Jobs
- NPR/Ipsos Poll: Nearly One-Third Of Parents May Stick With Remote Learning
- Connecticut To Lift Capacity Restrictions On Restaurants, Retail And Other Businesses