Editor's note: This report includes graphic descriptions of sexual assault accusations. Updated at 3:42 p.m. ET A Manhattan jury has found Harvey Weinstein guilty of rape and sexual abuse but acquitted him of the most serious charges, capping one of the most closely watched trials of the #MeToo era . The mixed verdict means the former Hollywood producer will likely spend time in prison. It also is some measure of vindication for the six women who testified that Weinstein attacked and sought...
Two runners mentioned in a lawsuit over the participation of transgender athletes in Connecticut high school sports raced against each other Saturday at a state track championship in New Haven.
Latest News From NPR
- H1N1 Was The Last Pandemic. Here's Why COVID-19 Isn't Yet In That Category
- Secretive Church Sect At The Center Of South Korea's Coronavirus Outbreak
- Julian Assange Extradition Hearing Begins In London
- 'Supreme Inequality' Argues That America's Top Court Has Become Right-Wing
- Coronavirus Spikes In Italy, With 229 Confirmed Cases And 6 Deaths
More From Connecticut Public Radio
Richard Colangelo Jr., recognized most recently as the prosecutor in the Fotis Dulos murder case, is Connecticut’s newest chief state’s attorney. The former Stamford state’s attorney is settling into his role as the state’s top prosecutor and administrative head of the Division of Criminal Justice. He replaced Kevin Kane, who recently retired as the state's longest-serving chief state’s attorney after 13 years in the position.