Police announced Tuesday that they have found the mother of a baby who was left in a parking lot in 1988. Police Chief Jeffry Cossette identified the mother as Karen Kuzmak Roche. Detectives described her as remorseful when they found her at home on January 2, 2020.
New archival research has revealed the identity of an unknown shipwreck off the Connecticut coast. There are more than 100 historic shipwrecks in Long Island Sound by most accounts, but one particular wreck that was discovered by divers seven years ago off the coast near New London was initially a mystery. Only a few artifacts remained from the wreckage, which made it impossible to identify the ship.
Latest News From NPR
- Live Analysis Of The January Democratic Debate
- New War Powers Resolution Gains Key GOP Support, Boosting Chances Of Senate Passage
- Study: Tinder, Grindr And Other Apps Share Sensitive Personal Data With Advertisers
- Commander Sworn In As First Member Of New Space Force
- Foxconn's Promises Slow To Materialize In Wisconsin
More From Connecticut Public Radio
A lawsuit by families of victims of the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School has the potential to significantly change what the world knows about how the gun industry thinks and operates. After years of delays, the lawsuit is moving forward, which may force the gun industry to make public what it considers private.
One year ago today, in the early morning hours, flames destroyed the long-closed American Shakespeare Festival Theater in Stratford.