In light of mismanaged abuse allegations involving two former staffers, U.S. Congresswoman Elizabeth Esty announced Monday she will not seek re-election in November.
This hour, we discuss the significance of Esty's decision -- including what it means for Connecticut's Fifth Congressional District race this year.
Plus: With former VA Secretary David Shulkin out, what lies head for U.S. Veterans Affairs? Is the federal agency on track to become privatized? We find out.
And finally: We sit down with a local Army veteran who recently received a discharge upgrade. Could his story help other Connecticut veterans with less than honorable discharges?
- Jeff Cohen - News Director at WNPR/Connecticut Public Radio
- Ron Schurin - Associate professor in residence at the UConn Department of Political Science
- Aaron Blake - Senior political reporter covering U.S. politics for The Washington Post
- K. Robert Lewis - American Legion Department Service Officer for Connecticut
- Dan Caldwell - Executive Director of Concerned Veterans for America
- Steve Kennedy - Army veteran and Connecticut Team Leader for Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America
Chion Wolf contributed to this show.