In this week's Ridiculous Moments in Late-Stage Capitalism: Pizza Hut's new shoes -- because there are Pizza Hut shoes, apparently; they're, of course, called "Pie Tops" -- will pause live TV when your pizza delivery arrives. Amazon's Echo devices have started spontaneously laughing at people, which might really be scarier than it is funny. And, to celebrate International Women's Day, KFC is introducing the world to Colonel Sanders's wife, Mrs. Claudia Sanders.
And: Netflix's Seven Seconds is not, it turns out, the prequel to a Luke Perry vehicle, rodeo movie it sounds like. It is instead "the contrived, misery-riddled show" that you maybe won't be able to stop watching. And it is also maybe the coldest Netflix show.
Other possible topics include:
- Women We Overlooked in 167 Years of New York Times Obituaries
- What Did Frances McDormand Mean by an 'Inclusion Rider' at the Oscars?
- The Bachelor Finale Inspired a Brutal Editing War on Wikipedia
- Obamas Reportedly in Talks With Netflix to Produce Programming
- Carolyn Paine - An actress, comedian, and dancer; founder, director, and choreographer of CONNetic Dance
- Tracy Wu Fastenberg - Director of development at Covenant Preparatory School
- Bill Yousman - Director of the Media Literacy and Digital Culture Graduate Program at Sacred Heart University
Colin McEnroe and Chion Wolf contributed to this show.