Happy Thanksgiving! This week, The Wheelhouse is out enjoying a well-deserved break and being thankful for Colin McEnroe. We’ll be back next week giving you the latest news on all things politics in Connecticut.
Instead, we present a special program brought you by NEXT. John Dankosky hosts a conversation on climate change, clean energy, and how communities are coping. The show was recorded live at Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies, with climate game changers, including author and activist Bill McKibben.
Plus, we’ll feature interviews about how our region is preparing for rising seas and learning from other states about how to harass renewable power.
- Bill McKibben - Leading environmental speaker, founder of 350.org. (@billmckibben)
- Lynn Stoddard - Executive director of Sustainable CT; member of the Governor’s Council on Climate Change. (@SustainableCT)
- Jay Williams - President of the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving. (@HartfordFdn)
- Dr. Gary Yohe - Member of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change 2007 Nobel Prize-winning team; Wesleyan University Huffington Foundation professor of economics and environmental studies.
- Phil Warburg - The former president of the Conservation Law Foundation and the author of Harness the Sun: America’s Quest for A Solar-Powered Future. He is also a Senior Fellow at Boston University's Institute for Sustainable Energy. (@Pwarburg)
- Atyia Martin - The former chief resilience officer for the city of Boston. (@BostonAtyia)
Lily Tyson and Carlos Mejia contributed to this episode. Special thanks to Ed Whittaker, Beth Messina, and Catie Talarski.